- DG TAXUD, SOFT-DEV: This 8-year framework contract is for the provision of IT services for the development, maintenance and support of Customs and Taxation Information Systems.
- The European Parliament, ITS20 Lots 1 & 3: This 4-year framework contract covers the provision of IT services, the development and maintenance of core business systems, as well as supporting and steering systems in Brussels. Through this framework contract, we will also provide similar IT services to the Council of the European Union and several other EU agencies located in Strasbourg, Lisbon and Cologne.
- Eurostat, SDMX Lot 2: This 3-year framework contract is for the provision of IT services for developments based on statistical standards for data and metadata exchange and dissemination.
Key highlights in 2021:
- CCNEvo: as a subcontractor of Atos, our team has been providing since November 2020 essential development, testing and maintenance services, as well as third-level support for multiple critical horizontal infrastructure platforms used across TAXUD. This includes leading end-to-end in activities such as analysis, design, build, test, deployment, support and other on-demand related requests for the CCN2(ng), SPEED2(ng), CDCO (Centrally Deployed Centrally Operated) and SSV (Shared Ser- Vices) Platforms.
- CD3/SoftDEV: We continued to support DG TAXUD, creating value by delivering a number of projects and deploying them in operations in alignment to UCC and MASP planning. Indicatively, this includes the following: the new generation of the Trans-European Systems for the Customs export and transit, the first release of ICS2 (new customs pre-arrival security and safety programme), as well as the new central business monitoring CSMIS2 and CRMS2.
- EUSS-DWP (End-User Support Services for the Digital Workplace) with the European Commission
- EUSS-IS (End-User Support Services for the Digital Workplace) with the European Commission
- UCMS18 (Unified Communication Management Services) with the European Parliament
In this context, the following achievements are noted:
- To support the European Commission’s new policy regarding the hosting of service providers, a “nearsite” facility was established in Brussels. A new office space of 120 workstations was rented and completely refurbished. The office hosts most of the personnel assigned to the EUSS-IS contract. Specific security requirements have been implemented.
- An “offsite” facility was established at our premises in Patras. This workspace is expected to expand significantly in the coming years to support the European Commission’s new policy and the expectations in terms of financial optimisation.
- The EUSS-IS contract, particularly the two facilities (Brussels and Patras), was successfully completed an external audit to the criteria of ISO27001 certification.
- The EUS-IS contract has been growing over the year. At the end of 2021, 7 distinct application support services were implemented in various sectors such as: Grant Management, e Procurement, Health Policies, Identity and Access Management, Human Resource Management.
- Under the EUSS-DWP contract, our ability to adapt to the changes brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic have been repeatedly praised by the European Commission. In 2021, the Publications Office renewed its trust in our ability to deliver Long-Term Archive Preservation services and awarded us the new EUDOR contract, which started in November 2021.
In the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, we continued the delivery of our services to the European Parliament, the European Investment Bank and the European Medicines Agency. During the year, most of our personnel from contracts terminated in 2020 were re-skilled and reassigned to new contracts. Additional agreements have been concluded with business partners to subcontract employees that could not be reassigned to our new contracts.
Our achievements are largely due to our employees whose capabilities and dedication made it possible to establish new teams and new ways of working, despite the additional challenges posed by the COVID 19 pandemic.
- DIGIT TM LOT 1: Supplied external experts in the domain of IT development, management and architecture to the entire European Commission in Belgium. Netcompany-Intrasoft is fourth in the cascade for this LOT.
- DIGIT TM LOT 2: Supplied external experts in the domain of IT development, management and architecture to the European Commission in Luxembourg. Netcompany-Intrasoft is first in the cascade for this LOT.
- DIGIT TM LOT 4: Supplied external experts in the domain of IT Support, IT system administration and web operation management to the European Commission covering the entire region of Europe. Netcompany-Intrasoft is second in the cascade for this LOT. CASIS LOT 1 – Supplied external experts in the domain of IT development, management and architecture to the European Commission’s Directorate-General for Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion. Netcompany-Intrasoft is second in the cascade for this LOT.
- ITGM LOT 1: Supplied external experts in the domain of IT development, analysis and management for the European Commission’s research - oriented Directorates-General. Netcompany-Intrasoft is second in the cascade for this LOT.
- ITGM LOT 2: Supplied external experts in the domain of IT support, training and user documentation for the European Commission’s research - oriented Directorates-General. Netcompany-Intrasoft is second in the cascade for this LOT
- DEV-PN: Supplied external experts in the domain of IT development, management and architecture to the entire European Parliament in Belgium and Luxembourg. Netcompany-Intrasoft is partner with CGI in this contract.
- ISDLS II: contract at the European External Action Service. The 4-year framework covers project management, analysis, development and support services. Netcompany-Intrasoft leads the consortium that also consists of Trasys and Almaviva. Our department was also awarded three new framework contracts.
- EUROPA: The purpose of this framework contract is to provide the participating EU institutions and bodies with a framework contract for the provision of all services needed to design, set up, create, improve and maintain the European Commission’s web presence and other digital communication channels. Netcompany-Intrasoft ranked first in the cascade in the consortium with NTTd company.
- ITS20: we awarded first position in the cascade of the Lot 1 and Lot 3. The ITS 20 is the main framework that the European Parliament uses to address its needs of project management, analysis, development and support services. ITS20 replaces the Dev-PN framework which will end in May 2022.
- EISMEA: Inter-institutional multiple framework contract in cascade for the provision of services in the field of communication and organisation of events.
Research and Innovation Development
Below is an indicative list of projects:
- In the field of digital manufacturing, Netcompany- Intrasoft has been exploring applicable technological advancements by offering and supporting software development utilising Big Data and Artificial Intelligence. Netcompany- Intrasoft coordinates the project STAR which aims to research, develop, validate and make available to the community leading-edge AI technologies including explainable AI, active learning systems, simulated reality systems, human-centric digital twins, advanced reinforcement learning techniques and cyber-defence mechanisms, thus becoming a catalyst for the deployment of advanced AI systems in the manufacturing shop floor. Netcompany-Intrasoft also participates in the project ODIN (Open-Digital-Industrial and Networking) creating pilot lines using modular components for scalable production with a focus on human robotics collaboration by providing the technical integration expertise. The project IMOCO 4.E, an Intelligent Motion Control under Industry 4.E, strives to perceive and understand complex machines and robots. The two main pillars of this project are digital twins and AI principles (machine/deep learning). Netcompany-Intrasoft participates in all the technical tasks such as the development of AI based methods for machine predictive maintenance, integration and testing.
- In the domain of digital transformation governance, Netcompany-Intrasoft participates in the project AI4PublicPolicy (Automated, Transparent Citizen-Centric Public Policy Making based on Trusted Artificial Intelligence), as the system integrator of the AI4PublicPolicy platform and as an Explainable AI expert. It will contribute to the development of AI/Big Data analytics algorithms for extracting data-driven evidence-based policies.
- In the area of digital transformation for health and hospitals, Netcompany-Intrasoft continues to seek new opportunities to develop more offerings by participating in the project HosmartAI which focuses on Hospital Smart development based on AI. Netcompany-Intrasoft acts as the project coordinator and the main technical partner by providing a distributed streaming platform for handling real-time data based on Apache Kafka. The REBECCA project - research on breast cancer, taps into the potential of Real-World Data to support clinical research and to improve existing clinical workflows. Netcompany-Intrasoft acts as the main technical partner of the cloud platform by providing the architecture, the CI/CD and the development of the dashboard for clinicians/ researchers.
- Expanding its offerings in innovative education community platforms, Netcompany-Intrasoft participates in the ADMA TranS4MErs project by providing an all-connecting community platform offering advanced manufacturing assistance and training for SME Transformation, embracing the ecological, digital and societal challenges.
- In the field of cybersecurity, Netcompany-Intrasoft coordinates the project ELECTRON with a focus on the Electrical Power and Energy System (EPES): an armour against cyber and privacy attacks and data breaches. It also provides technical services such as participating in the architecture design, being the main integrator and supporting cybersecurity tasks. Moreover, IRIS – an artificial Intelligence threat Reporting and Incident response System - aims to integrate and demonstrate a single platform addressed to CERTs/CSIRTs for assessing, detecting, responding to and sharing information regarding threats and vulnerabilities of IoT and AI-driven ICT systems. It was demonstrated in 3 smart cities.
- Extending the portfolio of projects related to cutting-edge 5G core technologies, Netcompany-Intrasoft participates as a key technical partner in the project EVOLVED-5G that targets experimentation and validation openness for long-term evolution of vertical industries in 5G era and beyond.
- Netcompany-Intrasoft participates in IRIS as the main platform integrator. It also provides DevSecOps practices and enhancing the company’s cybersecurity offerings. Extending the portfolio of projects related to cutting-edge 5G core technologies, Netcompany- Intrasoft participates as a key technical partner in the project EVOLVED-5G that targets experimentation and validation openness for long-term evolution of vertical industries in 5G era and beyond.
- Netcompany-Intrasoft participates in the project FRONTIER that is related to the next generation traffic management for empowering CAVs integration, cross-stakeholders collaboration and proactive multi-modal network optimisation targets in the field of transport. Netcompany-Intrasoft participates as a key technical partner in the project MARVEL - Multimodal Extreme Scale Data Analytics for Smart Cities Environments - that aim to collect, analyse and data mine multi-modal audio-visual data streams of a smart city and help decision- makers improve the quality of life and services to the citizens without violating ethical and privacy limits in an AI responsible manner.
- In the domain of security & safety, Netcompany- Intrasoft participates as the main platform integrator in the project NIGHTINGALE - a Novel integrated toolkit for enhanced pre-hospital life support and triage in challenging and large emergencies. Netcompany-Intrasoft also participates in the project ODYSSEUS - Preventing, countering, and investigating terrorist attacks through prognostic, detection and forensic mechanisms for explosive precursors. It is the platform integrator and is involved in the development of the frontend user interfaces and visual analytics. In the project SENTINEL - Bridging the security, privacy and data protection gap for smaller enterprises in Europe - Netcompany- Intrasoft participates as the platform integrator.
- To explore the cloud computing continuum, Netcompany-Intrasoft participates as a key technical partner in the project SERRANO that aims to introduce a novel ecosystem of cloudbased technologies, spanning from specialised hardware resources up to software toolsets. SERRANO will demonstrate three high impact use cases related to (i) secure cloud and edge storage over a diversity of cloud resources, (ii) fintech by supporting latency-sensitive and safety-critical digital services in the financial sector and (iii) machine anomaly detection in manufacturing for Industry 4.0.
- Under the umbrella of the European Green Deal and more specifically in building a climate resilient future, the SILVANUS project has been added to the RID portfolio, with a focus on developing an integrated technological and information platform for wildfire management. Netcompany-Intrasoft participates as the key technical partner of this platform by applying a range of data technologies.