2021 has definitely been another year out of the ordinary, but also a successful one that marked a significant milestone for us. In November 2021, we became an integral part of Netcompany Group A/S. We further expanded our strong international presence on a geographically wider landscape and portfolio, expanding our activities in various industries on a global scale, exploring new opportunities and increasing our market share.
Over the past year, we continued to serve excellence and delivery of top-quality IT solutions and services, benefiting all our stakeholders and the societies we operate in. For the fiscal year 2021, Netcompany-Intrasoft’s annual revenues stood at €207.3 million (€197.3 million in 2020), reflecting an increase of 5.1% or €10 million. Also, the Group’s EBITDA amounted to €18.9 million, achieving a 5.1% increase compared to 2020.
Moreover, with the agile methodology that we have been putting in place over the past years, we have become more innovative and built new, cutting-edge solutions that fully covered the demanding digital needs of our clientele. Despite the unprecedented circumstances caused by the COVID-19 pandemic for a second year in a row, we have succeeded in fully adapting to the new circumstances and improving at all levels. For yet another year, our talented people proved to be our greatest asset in maintaining our top position. What we managed to achieve in 2021 was a direct result of their outstanding work. In 2021, we managed to provide our expanding customer base with high-quality services, designed and implemented based on the latest technology trends. Finally, we welcomed hundreds of new colleagues on board and already kicked off their learning and development journey at Netcompany-Intrasoft.
2021 was without any doubt a year of great success. Below you can find a list of our key achievements for every business unit.
- Developed and grew our existing contracts, and many customers have renewed their trust in our capability to deliver qualitative IT services systems that contribute to the digitalisation of the EU and its Member States (European Parliament, European Commission, European Committee of the Regions, European External Action Service, Council of the European Union and Eurostat, to name but a few)
- Further developed innovative tools and services for all the European Union Intellectual Property Office’s customers using next-generation technologies, including Blockchain, DevOps and Artificial Intelligence
- Completed the major and challenging technological upgrade of the European Chemicals Agency websites to the new Liferay 7.2 baseline
- Awarded eu-LISA’s major new contract in the context of the competitive TEF Lot 2 framework for the construction, roll-out, maintenance, and support of the ECRIS TCN system
- Selected by the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) and the European Union Agency for Cybersecurity (ENISA) for the implementation of two contracts in the fields of graphic design, layout and communication strategy, respectively
- Awarded the multifaceted, multi-institutional communications contract by the European Innovation Council and SME Executive Agency (EISMEA – previously EASME), covering the full range of communication actions, including multinational campaigns, events and digital communications, among others
- Signed the new SOFTDEV contract with the European Commission’s Directorate-General for Taxation and Customs Union (DG TAXUD)
- Entrusted by the Tunisia Directorate General of Customs to carry out the modernisation of the customs information systems under World Bank funding
- Following the launch of the Recovery and Resilience Facility in Greece, awarded the first major project (Single Digital Map for the Technical Chamber of Greece) funded by it. The project involves the creation of an integrated information system to collect and integrate digital geospatial information held by different public administration and e-government bodies
- Awarded a contract by the Greek National Social Security Organisation (EFKA) regarding the provision of development services for its main IT systems
- In addition, placed critical, complex projects into full production (INTRASOFT ERMIS for the Danish Customs Agency, INTRASOFT PERSEUS in the Uganda National Social Security Fund, INTRASOFT COMPLIANCE in the Danish Customs Agency)
- Collaborated with OTE to develop and implement the new integrated operational information system for Greece’s Independent Power Transmission Operator (IPTO)
- First IT company in Greece to become a member of the Banking Industry Architecture Network (BIAN)
- Strengthened our position in telcos with business-critical digital transformation projects in Vodafone Group, Vodafone Greece & Cosmote
- Expanded our project portfolio in the electronic money institution and digital banking domains with projects for Cosmote Payments, eCommBanx & AlphaBank Romania
- Won a major S/4 HANA suite based, ERP/EAM/WFM project for Greece’s IPTO
- Successfully delivered the first worldwide cloud native installation of the Oracle BRM real time charging billing platform
- Successfully awarded, executed and renewed several implementation and maintenance contracts for our customer base in Greece and abroad (Cosmote, CYTA, CYTA Cyprus, DEMO Pharma, Digea, ELPEDISON, Forthnet-Nova, Hellenic Petroleum Group, INTRALOT S.A., Kenya Housing Finance, L’Oreal, Maillis Group, MR Health Tech, National Bank of Greece, Piraeus Bank, Public World SA group, Thessaloniki Port Authority, University of Patras, to name but a few)
The Banking & Finance department continued its international promotion and delivery activities of our banking solutions, while PROFITS® Core Banking System continued its evolution in accordance with the PROFITS® Road Map. In 2021, we managed to expand our sales activities in the area of electronic money institutions by successfully promoting the PROFITS® Packaged Solution. Further to these significant achievements, our 2021 highlights were the following:
- New deal signed with ECOMMBX in Cyprus for the provision of our DX4B (Digital Experience for Banking) which based on PROFITS® Core Banking System is a modern, future proof, cloud-based banking and finance solution, utilizing the revolutionary banking interoperability standard framework of BIAN that standardizes and simplifies the overall banking architecture.
- Promotion of our PROFITS® Packaged Solution for Savings Credit and Cooperative Societies (SACCOs) in East Africa region continued successfully with a new deal with Stima DT Savings and Credit Cooperative Society Limited (Stima DT SACCO) in Kenya
- GALAXY, a major new portfolio of Cepal, was migrated to our installed PROFITS® Packaged solution for credit management servicers (non-performing loans).