Our Business Model
The market’s rapidly changing conditions and Netcompany-Intrasoft’s systematically growing activities require the appropriate business vehicle, both to support new business development and to make the Company competitive through its strategic plan and priorities. It is Netcompany-Intrasoft’s top priority to achieve flexibility and high quality in its services in order to maintain its strong competitive advantage and create long-term value for all stakeholders.
*our business model table will be published in report's print version
Our Key Strategic Pillars
Operating responsibly is part of our culture, as demonstrated by our commitment to achieving business excellence, while strategically generating long-term value for all our stakeholders. Taking into consideration the economic, social and environmental facets of our operation, along with relevant risks and opportunities, we proactively address sustainability issues relevant to our business in order to create both economic and social value. Furthermore, to enhance the method and transparency through which we communicate our value creation, Netcompany-Intrasoft is currently in the process of transitioning towards an integrated model of reporting (Integrated Reporting) that will aid us in the story telling of how we create value for all, from beginning to end. This will come into effect from next year’s 2022 report. Our value creation journey is identified through our four strategic pillars, where specific actions are being implemented per pillar:
Creating shared value for our customers, suppliers and business partners
One of our main priorities is to achieve and maintain high customer satisfaction levels and long-term relationships with suppliers and business partners. We strive to achieve distinctive productivity through technological upgrades, industry innovation and sustainable infrastructure.
How we respond:
• Focus on developing applications that are modular, easy to maintain and improve.
• Deliver our services and products by using agile methodologies to achieve improved customer experience, higher employee engagement, and more efficient and effective delivery.
• Meet social and environmental customer needs through innovative services and products.
Creating shared value for the environment
We endeavour to contribute to a more sustainable future by finding ways to ensure that our digital solutions and daily operations have the least possible impact on the environment. We take every essential action to reduce our environmental footprint, using energy and resources responsibly.
How we respond:
• Implement energy management optimisation and manage water and waste.
• Support our suppliers by sustaining long-term relationships.
• Implement environmental initiatives.
Creating shared value for our people
We promote a work culture of wellness and well-being. We are committed to eliminating gender disparities amongst our employees, thus ensuring that they all acquire the knowledge and skills needed to improve their performance and to promote sustainable development in the best possible work environment. Relationships amongst our people are founded on mutual respect for all forms of diversity and human rights.
How we respond:
• Invest in skills development programmes and trainings, bringing on board responsible people, focusing on diversity, inclusion and our people’s well-being.
• Share knowledge with our peers.
• Upskill the technological community, students and young professionals.
• Support institutions that improve the quality of our business activities and positively affect societies.
Creating shared value for our communities
We believe that technology and increased digitisation play a key role in sustaining future growth and prosperity in society. We support community-led and volunteering projects, while offering students and young people the opportunity to evolve through their participation in upskilling STEM initiatives, thus aiming to build a more equitable, healthy and inclusive society. We also contribute to the environment by implementing several environmental initiatives.
How we respond:
• Support children, youth and vulnerable social groups, creating opportunities through education.
• Engaging in volunteer activities.
• Actively participate in well-being activities.
• Provide fundraising events and offer technical hardware equipment to primary schools.
• Offer coaching and mentoring to help students discover their career paths.
Our Corporate Social Responsibility Policy
Operating responsibly is part of our culture. We are committed to contributing significantly towards economic and sustainable growth in all the regions we operate. We embed corporate social responsibility and sustainability in all our activities, and will continue to strengthen this process with those actions identified in our action plan. We work towards meeting societal needs through our innovative services and products, sharing knowledge with our peers and redefining productivity in the supply chain. We believe technology offers renewed possibilities that can empower institutions, students, youth and entrepreneurs in all nations. We operate towards creating shared value through the following:
• Conduct business in a socially responsible and ethical manner, achieve high levels of productivity and deliver high-quality services. We aim at creating value for our clients, and our business success depends upon our ability to foster lasting relationships.
• Eliminate gender disparities and support human rights amongst our employees, as well as offer a positive working environment with career growth opportunities. Our people are the driving force behind our continuous growth and development.
• Support society with community-led and volunteer projects. We endeavour to make a positive impact on the communities in which we operate.
• Protect the environment by reducing our carbon footprint, while continuously improving and using all-natural resources in the most efficient way.
At Netcompany-Intrasoft, we focus on topics related to our economic growth and the creation of long-term value for all our stakeholders. In this context, we identified the economic, social and environmental aspects of our activities related to the needs and expectations of stakeholders, but also the broader impacts we have on the economy, society and the natural environment. To formulate our strategy for sustainable development, we primarily relied on the principles of the GRI Standards (Principles of Materiality, Completeness, Stakeholder Inclusiveness and Sustainability Context) in the preparation of this report. In compliance with the above principles for the recognition of the economic, social and environmental aspects of our activities, we used information from the following sources, amongst others:
• International standards and initiatives for sustainability (e.g. GRI Sector Supplement/Software and services, RobecoSAM 2020 Yearbook IT Services & Internet Software and Services, SASB 2018 Software & IT Services);
• Internal documents related to the strategy and operating framework of the Company (e.g. values, Code of Conduct, policies, procedures, systems and standards, certifications);
• Publications from external parties;
• Material topics of peers.
Following the GRI principles, and in order to identify our material topics, we initially proceeded with an internal materiality analysis in 2021 to evaluate our most important economic, social and environmental impacts and to prioritise Netcompany-Intrasoft’s material sustainable development topics. The topic prioritisation was performed by taking into account the following aspects:
• the importance of their impact on the economy, environment and society;
• their importance for stakeholders as identified by management.
The validation of results was conducted through a dedicated workshop attended by Netcompany-Intrasoft’s senior executives and other staff. In addition, we proceeded with an external material topics identification workshop where direct insights from stakeholder groups were gathered and taken into consideration. In the context of our 2021 Sustainable Development Report, we proceeded with a review of our initial materiality analysis, including a workshop with Netcompany-Intrasoft’s senior executives and other staff. We concluded that there were to be no significant changes in the result. Therefore, this year’s 2021 report will proceed with the same identified material topics with no changes to our previous approach.
The list of material topics for 2021 are presented below.
Identification of material topics:
1. ATTRACTING AND RETAINING SKILLED EMPLOYEES
2. GENERATING AND DISTRIBUTING ECONOMIC VALUE
3. SAFEGUARDING BUSINESS CONTINUITY, DATA PRIVACY AND SECURITY
4. PROVIDING EMPLOYEE TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
5. ACCELERATING INNOVATION AND PROVIDING SERVICES WITH SOCIAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACTS
6. SAFEGUARDING OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH, SAFETY AND WELLBEING
7. ENSURING REGULATORY COMPLIANCE, CORPORATE GOVERNANCE AND BUSINESS ETHICS
8. RESPONDING TO COMMUNITY NEEDS
9. IMPROVING THE ENERGY EFFICIENCY OF OPERATIONS AND REDUCING AIR EMISSIONS
10. SCREENING SUPPLIERS AND PARTNERS AGAINST ESG CRITERIA
11. RESPECTING AND PROTECTING HUMAN RIGHTS AT WORK
12. MANAGING ELECTRONIC AND OTHER WASTE RESPONSIBLY
13. REDUCING WATER CONSUMPTION
Our Contribution to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
Through our projects and everyday business activities, we contribute directly and indirectly to the UN SDGs by creating new job opportunities, supporting and continuously developing our people, applying environmental protection procedures, as well as engaging in several social initiatives and programmes. We connect all identified topics to 16 SDGs
• Peers (competitors and partners)
• Technological community
• State and institutional bodies
Sustainability Strategy - Adapting Our Action Plan to the Key Strategic Pillars
Recognising our duty, we at Netcompany-Intrasoft are taking steps to identify, amplify and actualise the value we create. During 2021, we proceeded with an in-depth examination of our current state assessment, ranging from the critical analysis of our policies and procedures to the re-evaluation of the methods in which we deliver value to our customers, suppliers, business partners, environment, people and communities. The culmination of this process is our action plan, designed to be realised by 2025.
Our proposed approach to the sustainability strategy has been formulated in line with our approach to the ongoing Sustainability Reporting project.
• The materiality analysis that took place as part of the Sustainability Report project provided input into the Sustainability Strategy, allowing us to develop the strategic action plan based upon the material topics.
• The information that has been collected as part of the Sustainability Report project has been used as input in the current state assessment Sustainability Strategy. This allows us to assess the current state of sustainability business practices, with respect to best practices, global industry trends, case studies, international standards, guidelines, regulations and principles, in order to assess the sustainability position and performance of Netcompany-Intrasoft.